FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Southern - how often do they move flight times?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:25 am
ilcannone

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by eggzlot
As noted above the 24 hour visa policy still requires some paperwork I believe when you land and it is not as easy as it used to be. My tour guide has said people with shorter layovers are getting rejected. He emailed me this morning to say he just met a customer/American couple who had a 10.5 hour layover and they were able to make it through. For now, I think I'll stick with doing the tour and forego worrying about the transit hotel. With 18 hour layover I could have done both - here I'll take the tour and find time to sleep on the plane.
I would disagree. Below on the Wiki page was the 72 hour transit thing. I did it twice within 2 weeks in PEK (SVO-PEK-ICN + HND-PEK-SVO), although the 2nd one was involuntary as Air China for some reason cancelled our same day connecting flight out of PEK and moved us to the following day. We had 72 hours bound for ICN and just over 24 from HND. VERY easily managed all at the airport (if not a bit confusing for queueing at times...) This was 1 year ago only too. OK, maybe things have changed, but I can't see it changing that much.