FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Southern - how often do they move flight times?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:56 am
eggzlot

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bub001
Since the hotel is free and 2 minutes walk from the airport, and you can reserve it online in advance, I would still reserve it. The value is not for a sleep, but the shower and place to change in privacy...and leave the bulk of your carry on while in the city. If you end up not using it, you’ve lost nothing. I am travelling via CAN in J to JFK at the end of Dec...I’ll keep a careful note of the time I spend at each stage and post here.
I'd appreciate any updates on the timing of your trip. For me, I used Delta miles to book the CZ Flight. So my ticket # is 006 (or something) because its Delta vs CZ which would be say #008 (or something else, making up that #). Point is, I called CZ's office in the US and they could not help. They gave me the email and phone # of the transit desk in CAN and they said the same thing, the website nor their local system will allow for me to reserve the hotel in advance because I am ticketed via Delta, not CZ.

The shower and stuff would be nice. My thoughts (and I could be wrong) is we are flying both legs business class. So I'll have plenty of time to sleep and rest on the plane. Its 1 ticket so our bags are checked through, so we will each have 1 carry on bag. And we booked a private tour with a car/driver, so I would assume we could leave a carry on bag in the car when we park and go somewhere. Obviously we'll take passports with us and anything of value as we walk around the towns, but I think our stuff will be secure. Not sure I want to waste time getting the visa, getting the hotel, going to the hotel, dropping stuff off, then having to go back to the hotel to check out to get to through security. If I had 18 hours I would have done that, but since I am down to 10 hours....and I need to plan for at least 1-2 hours to get the visa, and 1 hour of driving into and another hour driving out of the city....getting to the airport 90-120 mins before departure....you can see my time to visit is shrinking.