FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overnight layover family accommodation?
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:35 pm
Firemin

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Overnight layover family accommodation?

Hi

We will have an overnight layover in SIN on our way back to HKG from Australia and were wondering what the best strategy for accommodation is for the layover, considering that we are travelling with young children (5 and 2).

Looking at the SIN website it appears that the transit hotels (a family room in which would be the best bet) can only be accessed from airside. We are travelling from PER (via SYD) to SIN on QF/BA, arriving about 9:30pm on BA016. We then have an 8am departure to HKG on CX710. Despite both being Oneworld flights I understand that BA/QF are unlikely to allow us to interline our luggage onto the CX flight.

Assuming I can't get the baggage interlined, am I able to pass through security, pick up the bags, drop them at the CX desk (or left luggage) then pass through security (I should have my CX boarding pass as you can check in 48 hrs before the flight) to meet my family at the transit hotel? Alternatively, is there anyone I can speak to at the airport to get my baggage interlined - if so, how likely is it that would occur (don't want to book a room in advance then find out I can't use it!!)?

If not, the only option is hotels near to the airport - I looked at rooms at the Crowne Plaza, but they don't offer any sort of family room and all their rooms are max occupancy 3 people. Are there any family friendly hotels (i.e. rooms with beds for 4 people) near to the airport (not fussed about facilities, just want to maximise sleeping time for the kids!)?

Thanks in advance