FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS & EuroBonus Introduction / Frequently Asked Questions
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:01 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Thanks, perhaps there's something to be said for having the status on an airline you might actually be flying on occasionally!

I notice that on Kris Flyer's accrual table, SAS Plus actually earns 125%, which is more than their own Y+ (110) and as much as their J (125). So even if I start flying SAS I could leave open the option of crediting to SQ (50K for gold but flights on their metal get a 25% bonus for elites).
The benefit of Krisflyer is that it allows you to redeem for SQ J and F, which with a few exceptions other programs don't really do.

There is a benefit to have status with the airline you use the most, typically mileage bonus for elites and the occasional upgrade.

What is SQ's earning on economy class flights? It is 125 in J and 150 in F, I would expect most economy to be 70 or less for the setup to make sense. Or not to be too easy to reach 50K for gold.