FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Four Points Havana, Cuba [Master Thread]
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:26 pm
skaya
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Stayed 3 nights last week. Some on tripadvisor say the worst SPG hotel ever. Even with all they have done I think I have to agree. The pictures above are legit, but they dont show the stained carpets in the room. We were upgraded to something close to 100 sqm covering the whole end of the building plus balcony, but I doubt you could find even half a square meter of carpet without a majority of stains. We just could let the kid on the floor at all- anywhere. And the smell of mold and sewage. Heavy.

Most staff was nice enough though, but english skills varied wildly, and even with the best spirit they are not magicians. Most positive was mostly working wifi, free for platinums. Also breakfast which probably was as good as it could get for Cuba- where food in general sadly is of bad quality and way too expensive IMO.
Food at Don Quijote inhouse restaurant was simple/bad and expensive- with limited choices.

Welcome gift was good though. A full bottle of aged Club Havana.

Nothing to do near hotel, other than walk 1 block to Melia hotel which is tenfold better. Takes time (close to 30 min/15-20 CUC one way) and money everyday to go to old town, but they do run a free shuttle 4x daily with 2 stops in Old Town. Walking to 5th avenue should make it easy to get a cab/private car for 10 CUC, or possibly even a shared ride close to local price if you speak spanish.

Worst thing was the in house cigar shop who warned me about fake cigars- yet selling me two fake Behikes (37 CUC a piece). This has been stated by two independant cigar store managers in EU.