FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Standby / SDS (not SDFC) Rules & Discussion (master thread)
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:55 am
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by I 40
What is the priority for FC on a paid FC ticket doing a SDSB?

Today- Paid FC ticket, decided I wanted to leave later in the day. Online only showing SDSB (wonder how accurate this is, Delta, where I have the most experience doing this, usually incorrect).

Only the 3rd time I have done this. First 2 times there appeared to be no seats in FC and I flew coach. Interesting that I received a refund both times for the fare difference,( but still got double EQMs).

Today, I notice there are FC seats available, but they clear the upgrades first , then the standbys, so I clear into coach.

I asked the gate agent why they would upgrade someone over paid first (and then refund them the $s) , and he said that is how it is done.

If correct, seems like an odd business practice.
Were you already confirmed in economy prior to upgrade list being processed?

Last year I was booked into economy on an I fare JFK-SFO. Online check-in added me to upgrade list and I was around 8 on the list when I got to airport. I spoke with airport agent and explained I'm on a business fare. She removed me from upgrade list and put me on standby for J instead. Was given J seat at gate and upgrade list only show 4 passengers being cleared. Had the airport agent not put me on the correct list, I would have been in economy.

If your F ticket allows for no change fee, I would get rebook into Y on desired flight on the F ticket and then standby for F to get priority over upgraders.