FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it the end of the FQTV/FQTS entry fields?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:20 am
johnnyfive

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Keen to follow the outcomes of this.

I just was told similar on the phone. Booked (paid) ticket, used AirNZ number (not gold) when booking as just easier, then its in the app etc. Rang up to add my A*G number (as FQTS) as I have done many many times before and was told I no longer could. Previously I sometimes got an agent that didn't know how to do it, but this didn't seem like it - they even rang to a different team in order to check. They specifically mentioned how this had changed because "people kept complaining that miles were going to the wrong place" and that AirNZ had to collect $ from the other airline for using the lounge and it was "double dipping". I didn't follow the logic re the $ collection etc, but the upshot was they couldn't do what I was after. Will see if the lounge let me in with my A*G card later this month.
The ease of having all my info plus app updates is why I use my NZ number as well when booking a paid ticket.

Did they offer to change your FF number all together for benefits and earn? Or did they say this was not possible either?

When flying with US airlines I have used one FF number for lounge access and then changed it to another at the gate for earn. Not something I'm recommending, but if NZ are trying to prevent this sort of thing then I would be very cautious of making any bookings with my Airpoints login all together.