FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Could UA provide alternative uses for GPU/RPUs -- waiving fees for flight changes?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:48 am
luv2ctheworld

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by jp12687
i would love if you could use a GPU or RPU to buy up date classes on an SDC to give me flexibility to move.

i would also like if I can use a GPU to waive a change fee. Say if I’m flying to EWR and i could SDC to HPN without paying a change fee since it’s not a shared terminal

will never happen but nice to dream...
What's that saying? A snowball's chance in hell? Yeah even less than that.

UA loves GPU/RPUs because it forces us to take a chance and play their game. No lost revenue giving up a seat that potentially would have gone out empty anyways. Plus forces us to buy into a qualifying fare class. UA wins on all fronts. Many of us couldn't even use all (if any of them) for our flights.

Giving us the ability to use for change fees, that eats right into their bottom line, real revenue lost because they have to give up the fee whenever we want.

But since we're in the dream zone, I prefer to dream about my bazillions of dollars and my private jet with all suite flat beds and showers in each suite... and several models staffed at my beck and call.

I mean, if you want to dream, dream big!