FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA missed connection. Only given new flight 48 hours. Refusing compensation!!!!!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:58 pm
abe123

Thanks everyone for their replies and especially BA for sendinga reply.

To cover a few queries this was one ticket with a 1 hour 10 minute stopover.
I have good reason to believe that BA are responsible as i checked in at NCL and they already told me then 6hat there is a delay.
I demanded that they promise me to make the connection or that i remain in my home town overnight and fly the next day to which they responded it is to early to promise but we willspeak again at boarding.
At boarding they promised me i would make the connection. Furthrmore they moved me foreward seat on the flight and advised all is going good and i will catch it.
5 minutes before landing they then came to me to advise me i would need to contact the BA desk as i have missed my connection.

So from my view if 2 and a half hours they knew there was a delay i can not believe this is a minor weather disruption.
Furthermore BA wrote operational circumstances which doenst indicate weather.

Thirdly they offered me a flight through Athens the next day with a stupid stop over there. But that would have only been awaiting list seat and i would have had to hang around the airport the whole next morning.
This was just totally unacceptable to me.

I then got toIsrael 48 hours late which absolutely messed up my schedule.

In short i am extremely annoyed and upset with the way BA dealt with this case.
Furthermore now they are just trying to squeeze out of the minimum compensation they should compensate me.
They arent offering any other compensation other than my expenses for the 48 hour. Not even some Avios points at the least!!!!!!!!!!!

If must be i will proceed with the aviator and court but would prefer not to go down this route.
A real shocking experience!!!!!!!!