FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Easter Island / Isla de Pascua connection
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:02 pm
sooge_sj

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by nicolasz1986
Thank you so much for your reply !

Indeed I will be on LATAM 836 from PPT to IPC (one of my tickets) and then on the same flight from IPC to BUE with a connection in SCL (my other ticket). Then I have to make it on time in the 2 hour layover to clear immigration and customs, and check in again.
To be sure, do you know/remember check in closure time prior to departure flight in IPC?
Based on your answer I think I will book IPC to BUE for the same day I arrive in IPC from PPT.

Actually I will be visiting Easter Island for a couple of days on my way to Papeete. That's why I don't want to spend another night on my way back if possible.
I don't remember if the counters closed at a specific time before departure. All I remember is that it was a very small and basic airport without much facilities. Given that you are flying LATAM from PPT to IPC and IPC onwards, I am pretty sure you will be able to ask at the LATAM check in counter in PPT to check you and your bags all the way through to your final destination. If so you wont have to worry about issues at IPC. You might want to call the airline and see if you can do it, or ask on the LATAM forum.