FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1st time to Rome with 2 Teens! Need recommendations.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:52 pm
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by jemgazo
We plan to take the train into Florence for a day but will try to squeeze in Pisa if its doable. Sounds ambitious but both my kids are athletes so I'm sure we can handle it for a day. Still haven't booked the hotel/apartment yet....so thats still on my to do list as well as book a few tours.

Any recommendations for accommodations (Hotels or apartments) and day tours are still welcomed. Would appreciate any favorite places to stay and why.

Thank you!!!!
I doubt you'll get very much by traveling through three cities in a day. Especially Pisa, which is part of Tuscany, but is far less interesting and beautiful than Florence. Even when wanting to take a day trip from Florence, Pisa is usually not on the list of the best places for a day trip.

There are leaning towers all over Italy. The Leaning Tower of Pisa isn't even the one that leans the most. It's just that the others haven't been in movies, so no own knows about them. There are three in Venice that lean as much, and the one in Bologna out-leans all of them. Other than to take a picture of the tower, Pisa is generally not on the radar as a place to visit in most itineraries, unless maybe you're driving by it on the way to Lucca, a much more worthy destination.

For apartments and hotels, have you looked here?
Where to stay in Rome [Merged thread]
Or here?
Where to stay in Florence [Merged thread]