FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tumi 19 degree vs Rimowa Topas got carry on
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:42 am
SQ007

Originally Posted by jalm1
I’ve seen one or two in airports. Always catch my eye. I’ve also spent some time with them in a Tumi store. I’m personally torn between the two.

While I can’t comment on durability in use, based on playing with both in stores, they appear similar in quality and build. I’ve heard that people like the wheels better on Rimowa vs. Tumi. I have the simiar alpha 2 spinner, and can see the point - Tumi’s wheels could be better. Not sure it’s enouh to stead me away

That said, I actually like the look of the 19 degree more than the Rimowa. It feels more modern. And i like the little black monogram patch. It’s placed well.

its also a plus that there’s a standard US sized Tumi version, although I feel it’s much smaller than other bags that claim to be the same side (ie the Briggs 122cx).
Thanks for your input. I was hoping to hear they look good in person. In some pics they look fantastic while others they look a bit cheap. Unfortunately I'm located in an area where high end goods are hard to come across, so haven't been able to take a look myself.