FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:47 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mck125
I'm going to be traveling 4x / year to India and I'm curious what status I could earn from DFW to Bangalore if I commit to Emirates?

I'm generally AA, but their options stink for full mileage (DFW-LHR-BLR).

Thanks,
Matt
Look at the "earn" chart on the AS website - it posted exactly as promised for me. North America to Hyderabad in J is around 37k RDM / 20k EQM per R/T.

I looked at a few options and concluded that flying EK and posting to AS was the best option for me for travel to India. Took into account (a) generous RDM/EQM, (b) good J product, (c) general availability of competitive fares, (d) ability to go all-carry-on if I chose, and (e) ability to avoid a domestic flight in India.

I couldn't get the better TPAC airlines to price well, I didn't want to fly crappy AA/BA products that far, EY weighs carryons which would force me to check a bag, and I had no desire to jack around in Delhi or Mumbai for half a day waiting on a domestic flight. I'm pretty happy with EK in general.

Not sure how or if my analysis would have gone differently for Y or F. In Y, I might have tried to fly as far as possible on AA metal simply because I have status there. I'm sure EK F is awesome but I've never actually paid attention to the pricing of it.