FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United or EL Al to NYC?
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:04 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by TLV
Don't even think of the 747 as an option.
El Al's 787 can be a nice option, as it lands at EWR and the airplane, well, it's a 787.
United 772 is a better option then the brand new 773 when flying coach, but please note that the 772 is flying the 85/84 (which is a day flight from TLV and I would prefer to avoid it).
Delta's A333 is also a pretty good option, as the coach is comparable to United's 772 but it arrives in JFK - ok if JFK is your final destination but terrible for connections. EWR is the better option for airport in NYC , not perfect but much more pleasant then JFK.
1- I prefer the 84/85 combo even before the 90/91 went 773. For many reasons some are 1 if the 91 gets in too early you end up sitting at the gate until CBP opens. Ive sat for 20-25 mins. 2- If youre not Israel based then the 91 requires an extra night at your hotel (dont know any hotel that will allow say an 8 or 9pm late checkout for $0. 3- an extra day on the car rental. If Israel based then #s 2 & 3 dont apply

As for JFK vs EWR, I live 15 mins door to term to EWR and rather drive the 30 mins to JFK to avoid EWR and UA as much as I can. Ive driven down to PHL as well. Fares are usually cheaper out of JFK and PHL over EWR (in general and not talking about TLV perse although JFK has abunch of carriers that are $100s cheaper then UA but with a stop over)