FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schedule change - options?
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:01 am
zski1

Programs: AA Gold, UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Schedule change - options?

I'm organizing a family trip to Bozeman in January.

Back in September I booked 12 of us on various airlines from a variety of locations around the country to all arrive between 12pm and 130pm.

I booked two of us on Alaska after transferring points from SPG; one itinerary is ATL-SEA-BZN on Jan 11 (flights AS 85 and AS 3442). It appears that flight 85 is no longer scheduled to operate on that day. When I try to access the reservation the AS website advises me to call in for manual assistance -- which I plan on doing.

Before I do so I wanted to check with the wisdom of this crowd: I anticipate that what I will be offered is either a change to a flight that departs ATL in the afternoon on the same day with arrival in Bozeman after midnight, or a refund of the miles that I used.

Is that correct? Is there anything else at all that I could expect to receive -- it would be nice if they could rebook my family member onto another airline with a similar arrival time to what I initially booked, but I seriously doubt this is anything Alaska would entertain.

Further, I expect that if I do take a refund with miles, that it is highly unlikely if not impossible that I will be able to transfer the miles back to SPG -- but if anyone could give me advice on how I could try to get this to happen, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

-z