FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Availability changes based on connection? GPU across seperate tickets help!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:36 am
NoDestinations

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth
OP, when you are searching in "Expert" mode, try to make sure there is a lot of Z/P/PN space if R=0. This will increase your chances of the UG coming through.
I am clearing using a GS GPU, which I will clear based on GS status/fare class (even though I am a Silver), then at T-24, the waitlist is reprioritized by status of traveller and then fare class. Since it is a GS GPU, I can clear into PN, to which I have found none on any UA90 ever--I have since only found one (diamond in the rough) PN on a TLV flight. It is for next Thursday(11/23/2017), and all fare classes, with the exception of G and N, show 9. That includes R9 RN9 P9 PN9 etc. etc. Since it'd not rather take a gamble, and would much rather connect in SFO (Centurion Lounge), and FRA (Lufthansa Welcome Lounge), and also need to connect via SFO on the way back, should I just book ORD-SFO-FRA-TLV in your guys' opinion. I am in no way looking for the shortest or most efficient routing, and would be glad to spend more time in the air . I need to connect via SFO on the way back, because I am departing with a group, and the group departure flight (EL AL to JFK) leaves at 00:45, and UA to SFO leaves at 00:55, perfect timing. Extra PQM would be nice, Centurion Lounge with showers on arrival, even in E+ on the way back does not sound that bad. Is E+ on Dreamliner for 15hr tolerable?

Sorry for long laundry list of questions this is just my train of thought . Thanks in for all of your insight!

Last edited by NoDestinations; Nov 12, 2017 at 2:41 am