FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:17 pm
m0hamed

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jja34-1
There are a handful of customer-facing staff (including managers) at the PH Melbourne who seem to think it is completely acceptable to be surly or rude to guests. Unfortunately their conduct casts a shadow over the great customer service provided by many of their colleagues.

I encountered a few front desk managers during my last stay who should not be employed by a luxury hotel given their attitude (including saying inappropriate things about me in an e-mail, which one of them inadvertently forwarded to me). While the hotel manager is a very nice gentleman and appeared to mean well, he did not give me the impression that he was overly concerned about how I felt as a customer. I had to escalate the issue further to the GM in order to get a response from Hyatt that indicated they were actually concerned about what had transpired.
This is the Grand Hyatt thread...