FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:30 am
redtigeriii

I was finally able to use my priority pass for the first time. Got into the Alaska Lounge / North Terminal location at SEA, around 900pm last night (11/2). I saw the sign out at PDX on 10/30 around 6am, but I didn't care to go in that day anyhow. Got some to-go items from the Capers location in the D terminal. Very, very nice benefit. I feel like its bound to be reduced or go away in time from people trying to abuse it. There are times where I want to go into the lounge and have a drink or whatever, but more often than not a benefit like the Capers one appeals to me more, where I can either get some real food or get something to go for when I'm on the plane.

I did notice on the Priority Pass website it says excludes bottle sales & merchandise at Capers. Is that new? I'm wondering if they are trying to crack down on people using it to buy wine, or if that language has always been there and isn't really accurate. Speaking of inaccurate, I tried entering the Turkish lounge at IAD yesterday and was told Priority Pass members aren't allowed in until after 4pm. It doesn't mention that anywhere on the PP website, nor is there a sign outside the lounge regarding this. But apparently it's well known because when I went back just after 4pm, there was a line about 25 or 30 people deep waiting to get into the lounge with their priority passes!