FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:53 pm
VaBeachGirl

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC Stephen F. Austin

IC Stephen F. Austin
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you
generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Traditional Room (cheapest), the night before was upgraded to King Club. When I actually checked in, received One Bedroom Suite

How are the rooms?
The room was a corner room with great views of Congress St, the Paramount Theater and the Capitol. It had a separate living room with a smallish bedroom area. Some of the furniture (like the bedroom dresser) had seen better days, but overall was comfortable.
​​​​
How is the exec. lounge?
It's on the ground floor, right next to the check-in desk. Apparently, they let anyone in for a fee, so at breakfast, they actually give you check ($0 balance if you have club access but you feel obligated to tip). In the evening, I was just asked if I had Club Access but was never asked for a room number.
The breakfast buffet had a good selection of hot and cold items, but I didn't realize at first that you could order off a menu, too. At night, there were hot and cold items and self serve bar.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A small IC box of cookies, no fruit. Was wondering if I had checked off the "sweet" amenity? Received one bottle of water.

How was the minibar?
375 ml of white wine, 375 ml of red wine , 375 ml of Mumm, plus Shiner, local Austin flavored vodka, Texas Tea, and the usual assortment of liquor and non-alcoholic beverages.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
  • The upgrade
  • Corner room views on Congress
  • The staff was friendly
    -Bad
  • Nothing really, but getting a bill in the Club Lounge was just odd (even with a zero balance)
  • Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
    I was there during the Austin Film Festival, so the prices were pretty high

Would you return?
  • Yes, if the prices are lower