FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Dress Shirts - Mizzen & Main Alternatives
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:02 am
txirish

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Travel Dress Shirts - Mizzen & Main Alternatives

The one clothing item (other than jeans) I travel with that I can't self-launder at night is the dress shirt. I love Charles Tyrwhitt shirts, and usually wear one on flights and pack a few for meetings. If I'm on a longer trip (I've done 20 days of biz travel in a roll-aboard), I'll have the hotel launder a shirt or two as needed. But, if you are changing hotels daily or have odd check-in/out schedules, that can get tricky.

So, Mizzen & Main shirts seemed like a solution. Synthetic, stretchy, comfortable, but dressy enough for many business situations. Fine with a blazer. I really like how the shirts look and feel. I imagined wearing one for a day (and/or night) of airports and planes, getting to the hotel, washing it out, putting it on a hangar, and having it ready to go in the morning.

One small problem - I only wear shirts with a chest pocket when I travel. It's super-convenient to stash a passport, boarding pass, driver's license, even a cell phone for a short time when juggling your way through immigration, security, boarding, etc. It's a habit I've become used to.

The M&M shirts I found, sadly, had no such pocket. Does anyone have a suggestion for another brand to check out? I do own a few merino wool shirts that are great for travel, but are too casual for business. And a lot of "travel" shirts look more like expedition gear than business wear.