FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:44 pm
griffingrowl

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Cash & Points options?

Posting here to document as I did not see any other threads mentioning C&P.

Back in June I booked five nights on points using fifth night free under the SPG Resort Redemption promotion which gives 35% off.

So my nightly rate ended up being 58,500 per night for an Overwater Villa (OWV).

This was 234,000 for the five nights so the net amount was 46,800 per night.

Later we decided we wanted to add an additional night but OWV was not available. Agent said "Garden Villa" was an option and quoted me 15,750 plus $290.

I wasn't aware that Cash & Points were an option at St. Regis Maldives so was pleased to get this. Wish I had been able to get it for the OWV for the other nights as the C&P rate represents pretty good value and by my calculation 8.6¢/point.

(Calculated as GV for $1663 per night including taxes minus C&P rate including taxes of $302 divided by 15750)

Two questions

(1) Has anyone else had experience booking C&P for this property?

(2) What is the standard redemption rate for the Garden Villa ? I would have loved to have booked GV and then upgraded using SNAs.