FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:45 am
christravelblog

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Intercontinental Bucharest Romania upgrade to Imperial Suite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes super awesome hotel and awesome staff.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Upfront, with the new exclusions of big suites at the IHG list, their 2 tier upgrade guaranteed and club access I asked the hotel upfront if I book a king club room what the upgrade would be. Next is the exec suite and then comes the imperial suite which isn't on the exclusion list. Many hotels have those offline intermediate rooms to upgrade to but I was confirmed that would be Imperial Suite. AND, it has 2 bedrooms so the kids could sleep in it too ;-)

King club (of course i would get club anyway but the standard room was sold out, and the deluxe was just 20 euro less per night) the fact I was with 4 people this upgrade needed me to book just 1 room. King club was about 220 euro/night, the imperial suite goes 1300-1600 euro night. I stayed 6 nights

How are the rooms?
It's really IMPERIAL design. I love it!

How is the exec. lounge?
Not the biggest in the world but it's good. You cannot have full dinner there though (unless you are a French family who had 60 plates on their table).

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Not sure actually.

How was the minibar?
2 minibars, 1 in both bedrooms. Good stocks. daily filled.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Everything

-Bad
As if there is any party in the gala hall. You might hear some noise. Was offered another room for the night and compensated.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Booked 220 euro room got the 1300-1600 euro Imperial Suite. Hell yes value for money.

Would you return?
If i go to Bucharest again : YES.