FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:36 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Boston

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard for a few nights plus an award night. Received a Superior Suite for the duration.

How are the rooms?
Normally I get an exec suite here which is already very large, but this Superior suite is even larger at 1200 square feet. Yet it is functionally pretty much the same. With all the extra space there is a big dining room table added. And the bathroom is quite large with his and hers sinks. And there is a guest bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge?
It's been one of the best since it opened, however I think the food quality in the evening has gone down a bit. Great service as usual.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Some fruit and a bottle of water.

How was the minibar?
Good with large bottle of vodka, rum and ginger beer cocktail cans, craft beers and all the usual items.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Great upgrade. The hotel was sold out so I was a bit worried an upgrade before arrival.

There was a massive anesthesiologist conference going on with 10,000 attendees. Yet the hotel is so large it really didn't seem overly crowded. And the bar scene was fun with all those mind-altering experts.

-Bad
Diminishing quality of evening food in the club.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
All of Boston was very pricey this week, so I just had to suck it up and pay. But of course the RA value, and the mini-bar, eased the pain.

Would you return?
Yes.