FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:35 am
Petrus

IC Miami (lol sorry jetlagged...)

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
So so... currently here.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Bed Bay View (revenue) and Double Twin City View (points).
I called in a month ahead to request connecting rooms preferably with Bay view.
Was told they blocked an Exec Suite + double bed room.
Called a day before arrival to double check as bookings not modified. Was told all good, rooms blocked.
On arrival around 7:30PM after a long day of travel, it turns out they had blocked rooms on different floors... the reception lady offered us two standard rooms as connecting as it was the only thing they had with connecting rooms, hotel full.
Okay, manager now please. After a long wait (15-20) minutes she offered an apology saying that someone had made a mistake with the blocking, and the only thing they can give us is an Exec Suite with a another room on the same floor, not connecting.
Explained the entire point when traveling with children is to have the kids in one room and the parents sleep in the bedroom suite.
Suggested that I take a look at the Suite if it is big enough to fit rollaway beds for the kids and they refund the points for the other room. Sure no problem.
In the end, we took the Exec Suite and they gave us 6 drink vouchers and returned the points for the other room.

How are the rooms?
The Exec Suite with Bay view is massive. Large hall, connecting into an office space, big entertaining area with dining table for 8, sofas, arm chairs and gigantic TV.
Bedroom large with a lovely comfortable king bed. Huge bathroom with dual sinks, bathtub and large shower. Guest Toilet.

How is the exec. lounge?
For breakfast quite good. Seems they have improved the Food since our last visit three years ago.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Bottle of red wine, brownie cakes and a cheese plate. Some of it compensation/gesture from manager for the mess with the bookings.

How was the minibar?

Well stocked with the usual beer, spirits, wine, liquor, soft drinks.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
- The exec suite is nice, and I suppose they tried to rectify the situation.
- Lounge breakfast
- Spa

-Bad
obviously the errors mentioned above. Noisy suite.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
In the end yes. We paid just north of 200USD for the room so ending up in an Exec Suite on the top floor with Club access, free mini-bar etc is great value.
Points nights were charged at 30K which also is superb value (didn't use in the end).
I do notice now that this hotel now is 60K per night, which is terrible value.

Would you return?
As RA yes, otherwise not.

Last edited by Petrus; Oct 28, 2017 at 9:02 am