FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum 75
Thread: Platinum 75
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:57 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Good grief, all I get are fruit baskets, and I would be happy to receive alcohol! I end up taking my fruit baskets out to the homeless people as I don't like fruit other than at breakfast which I get in the restaurant.

It got so bad, I asked my ambassador if there was something on my profile that said I wanted a fruit basket. She said no and asked what I'd like. I said bottle of wine and/or nuts. That was almost a year ago and I may have got 2 bottles of wine since then (on 100+ nights/yr). Fruit basket delivered today though! (Waiting for the eternal defender to tell me it's my fault for not saying what I want. LOL)
Eternal Defender here as requested. Sorry I'm late to the party.

You shared your preference. You aren't getting it. You did your part. Hotels aren't executing...or your Ambassador didn't update your profile. The fact that you have had a few bottles of wine since sharing suggests that your Ambassador did her job but the hotels simply aren't executing it.

My Ambassador is amazing...and I still get a wild array of welcome gifts. My favorites are chocolate covered strawberries or some other chocolates...but I rarely get those. It's a welcome gift, so I'm always happy to get a welcome gift, even when I don't especially like it.

I've complained about a lot of things over the years. A welcome gift, even a missing welcome gift, has never been among those.