FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum 75
Thread: Platinum 75
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:38 pm
agurg

Platinum 75

I am within striking distance of Platinum 75 status. I have been well treated as a Platinum and made Platinum 50 today. Due to some logistics I have to make this within the next couple of weeks by staying an extra 3 nights somewhere. Specifically, I was offered "Double Elite Nights" promo which will end on November 15.

As a strategy I am thinking taking the extra 5 qualifying nights as my Platinum 50 gift which will bring me to 64 nights total YTD. Then I have 3 nights in NY which will get me to 70 nights. So 3 extra nights by November 15 will get me to 76 nights magic number.

However, I also have the option of switching all my stays to Marriott and take advantage of their every promo that every two stays gets me a free night and pick up 2-3 or more free nights.

Generally speaking I do shop around for best rate in town since the hotel is paid for personally rather than a corporate budget. Now I am wondering will the extra SPG point be worth it? My guess is if I make platinum again next year than it will pay back for itself.

However, the real question is are Platinum 75 member treated or recognized that differently than Platinum 50 group.

Any feedback is welcome.