FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK SkyClub - The WORST I've ever seen
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:09 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I was at JFK T4 SC yesterday in the mid-afternoon and this was not my experience. The only issue I had was that there was a line to check into the club, about 20 people deep, and only 2 agents working the check in counter, so it took about 10 minutes to check in (people were also getting help with flights I think). This was not cool, they really need to have one counter for people who just need to check in (and I would put it downstairs at the entrance) and another line for people to get help with travel issues (upstairs), like they do at SFO.

Once in the actual club, there were plenty of seats, the club was clean, and we really enjoyed the fajita bowl bar they had set up. This was plenty of good for us before boarding C+ on the transcon. Food was ample and orderly, no issue there. Attendants were quick to take away empty dishes, and I waited less than a minute to be served at the bar. The only other issue is that the power was not working on the side table next to our chairs, so we had to move.

Appreciate that the transcon flights seem to always be near the club.
I wonder if we were there at the same time -- DL422 JFK-SFO? I got there around noon and had zero wait to check in, although I decided to have Shake Shack beforehand instead The "view" areas of the club were moderately crowded (except the Sky Deck). I ended up needing to join a few Zoom meetings and retreated to the "inner" room which had fewer people (and other people making calls already). My only real complaint about the T4 SC yesterday was that the wifi bandwidth was awful (and foreshadowing of the crappy Gogo experience I had on the actual flight as well)

I haven't been through JFK in a while, but my memory is that when they do have more than 2 agents at the desk, the ones on the right are dedicated to checking in to the club and the ones on the left are handling ticket-related issues.