FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK SkyClub - The WORST I've ever seen
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:13 pm
bennos

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Miesque
Considering just how long it can be from anywhere in T4 I am a bit surprised there are not two SkyClubs when you take into consideration how much traffic goes through there and I would think most of their DeltaOne traffic which should have a higher notch based on how they are selling it.
It's an artifact of JFK expansion. Keep in mind there wasn't any SkyClub in T4 until the terminal expansion. It's not really clear where you'd put another club, except to build on top of the terminal (like the current club). I'm not sure how plausible that is, given equipment, structural concerns, etc. Maybe you could find space for one in the shopping mall, but that's pretty far from most gates -- may as well just use T2.

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
How will it trim the population? People will just drop a level to platinum, unless you seem to think thousands of people will cancel the Reserve card.
Yeah, I not sure that everyone really understands the JFK usage pattern. It's almost entirely international traffic (including connecting flights). There are approximately 30 international flights (counting codeshares like KLM that use SkyClubs) leaving in the next 4 hours, each of which has between 25 and 40 J seats (all of whom have access by cabin of service). Then add on top of that STE+, Sky Club members, and Amex card holders (and guests as appropriate) traveling in Y on those same flights. Then add a fraction of that for inbound arrivals connecting on to domestic flights, and J TCON pax (another 4 or 5 flights in that window with 16 - 40 J seats each). DMs dropping to PM won't affect any of these numbers, at all. You could probably also drop SkyClub members without materially affecting crowding.