FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA policy: Flights booked to hurricane affected areas through 2017
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:18 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by SESTAR
I have 2x 1way tixs booked on AA. One from LAX-SJU in F. Was originally booked into class I. I was able to rebooked my trip only for diff day. The new booking shows i am booked in class J. Does it mean i will be earning 3x EQM instead of 2?

My other ticket was booked in economy. The rebook changed my class to Y. That's 1.5x EQM.
Maybe. But I'd plan as if they won't, or as if AA will claw back.

Originally Posted by FlyerAl
I had tickets to STX in December and just changed to go to a different island. The waiver policy is clear but it's YMMV with the agent on the phone - incredibly frustrating!

If you keep your destination island the same, then you can change the dates and not pay anything extra. If you go elsewhere, you pay the difference in fare of the new ticket. The $200 change fee is waived in either case.

You need to HUACA if the agent gives you pushback. Some claim the waiver only applies for flights from last month; others claim you can't change your destination. Eventually you will get one who knows what they're doing. It was bad enough doing this with the Platinum line - I can only imagine how awful it must be through the general number!
You don't have to imagine. The Platinum and Gold lines go to the General call center, just with higher priority in answering. And I had to spend a lot of mtime getting the EXP agent to read the date (she kept insisting the offer ended in 2017, until she finally read. Then she wanted the change fee because I was changing the origin from SXM to BGI. Etc. She finally got it right, but I felt I should charge them my standard training fee ($400 hourly, minimum 4 hours a day - but I'd have given them a loyalty discount ) - though I retired in 2014.