FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:59 pm
VaBeachGirl

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC Washington DC - The Wharf

IC Washington DC - The Wharf
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you
generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes! I checked in on Monday, 16 Oct and was the first official guest!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Standard Room at a government rate, received Executive Suite with River View

How are the rooms?
The room was fantastic, with a balcony and views of the Potomac, The Wharf, Jefferson Memorial. It was very modern and bright with a separate sitting area with a couch, table, desk. The bathroom was spacious with a glass shower. The bathrobe is one of the nicest I've ever had!
Anthem music venue is next to the hotel and I made the mistake of leaving the balcony door open the first night. It gets a little noisy when the concert lets out, but with the door closed, I couldn't hear a thing from the 5th floor.
​​​​
How is the exec. lounge?
If only this property had a lounge!

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Small box of chocolate. Plus received fruit (one apple, one banana, two tangerines), small dish of seasoned peanuts, small plate of cookies and Evian. Water wasn't replenished until the 3rd day. The fruit remained, but the nuts/cookies were removed after the first night.

How was the minibar?
Additional items were added after the second day, so there still might be changes. For now it had 375 ml of white wine, 375 ml of red wine , 375 ml of Tito vodka, 2 small bottles of Mt Gay rum, 2 small JW Black, 2 Stella Cans, 2 Peroni cans, plus soda, water, sparkling water. Minibar wasn't refilled until after the second night, but that could be because of the limited number of guests.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
  • The upgrade
  • Beautiful view from the balcony
  • The staff was incredible, so friendly and helpful. Everyone called my by name
  • As the first official guest, I was greeted by the management team (including GM) with a champagne toast
  • The property was gorgeous and The Wharf is a fun, new area in DC. Plenty of restaurants and bars
    ​​
    -Bad
  • Nothing!
  • Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
    Good value at the government rate.

Would you return?
    Yes, definitely! Looking forward to it!