FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pokefi MiFi Device
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:05 am
timesnaps

Originally Posted by pokeFiBuyer
I've tried to use it in Canada recently with no luck. It just would not connect no matter how many times I reset it. Have you been there? Have you tried it?
Sorry, no. Not been there with Pokefi.

And after months of trying to contact them about the problems I am experiencing, I am no wiser to well it works, or wether I just have a faulty unit. Either way, I am not happy with it. There is no customer service, which is somewhat odd, seeing that HK customer service is generally pretty good. They go through the motions of replying, but then nothing comes of it.

Also, be warned, that if you buy it with the idea of having unfiltered internet access in China - something that normally work, when u use a foreign SIM card on roaming in China - this Pokefi unit will not do that. Once in China, even u on 4G most places, the same restrictions of the Great Firewall apply then as if you were using a local SIM. Defies the idea, as locals SIMS work out cheaper too.

Well, Pokefi, if you reading this. I have told you I be posting my expereince here, if there is no further reply. And you had three months to reply to my concerns about use of the unit. You didnt asnwer my phone calls, didnt follow up the wechat conversation, and never even bothered replying to my email, after the initial "we received your email, and will reply shortly".

Could be soo good, and a grewat idea - but looks like complete failure to me