FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experian wont let me cancel membership, how can I use my AMEX to stop them?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:45 pm
randys1

Originally Posted by Aristophanes80
I guess they could do all that, but they could also just cancel the account. The OP would likely know if Experian canceled the account or went the aggressive gym route a few days into the next billing period, well before any collections agencies get involved.

Also, their terms say you can cancel three different ways, including by email:
Nope, I dont have that version of their plan and as they explained to me at one hour and 47 minutes of being on hold, I can not cancel by email unless I have that plan.

I was able to cancel, of course I wont sign up again with them ever.

Consumer reports says it is all a waste anyway, order 3 free reports a year from each of the 3 bureaus and go from there.

ID SHIELD or LEGAL SHIELD is $10 a month and I was about to sign up there but they ONLY have info from transunion, so if an inquiry was made on one or both of the other 2 and not transunion, they wouldnt know, I wouldnt know

sigh

Like almost everything else we experience in life, we need MORE regulation of these .......s, while it seems there is little now. That we are at the mercy of these FOR PROFIT companies as to the health of our credit is absolute madness.