FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting to CDG Early in the Morning
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:54 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Tamino
For a 10h10 departure, I would be at CDG no later than 07h15 unless you have some type of elite status. Passport control alone can take as long as one hour or more. Check in can take more time than you might anticapte.

The day before I would call Taxi G7, the largest taxi dispatcher in Paris, at their English speaking number 01 41 27 66 99 and arrange for a 06h30 pickup. Be ready 5 minutes early. Cost will be 50€ from the Right Bank, 55€ from the Left Bank plus a 7€ reservation fee. Staying near the Tour Eiffel means you could be on either side of the Seine.

I would not rely on Uber for transporation to the airport. I have had friends use them who have paid as high as 80€ to CDG due to surge pricing.

Personally I often use the RER B to CDG because it is generally very reliable but you need to be familar with the route, you´ll need to change trains at least once from where you are staying. Cost is 10.30€ each, allow at least 1 hour.
I have seen times where a couple or family with just cabin baggage to transport have not been able to get onto the RER due to overcrowding on the platforms and/or trains. It’s not all that common for that to happen, but I’ve seen it at the end of the workday and on some weekends when there were some kind of events going on.

For a party of 3 or 4, a taxi/car service is what I would generally use — with the bus to be avoided but the RER an alternative to be considered still.