Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Getting to CDG Early in the Morning

Getting to CDG Early in the Morning

Old Oct 13, 17, 2:28 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Idaho
Programs: Delta PM
Posts: 303
Getting to CDG Early in the Morning

We'll be in Paris next month. it's our first visit. Our flight to Seattle leaves at 10:10am. We're staying at a hotel near the Eiffel Tower.

Any suggestions on transport options to the airport? It's on a Saturday, two adults with one medium sized suitcase each, and we'd like to get there well in advance of our departure time since this is our first time going through CDG.
kchoya is offline  
Old Oct 13, 17, 4:51 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Worcester, MA, BOS, PVD, BDL, MHT, ??ORH??
Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Posts: 11,924
Was there last month. had a 10:20 am flight and left from Hilton Opera at 7:30 am in an Uber. Made it with plenty of time to spare. Leave by 7 am and you should be fine. Had already checked in and printed BP.
OB one is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 3:55 am
  #3  
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Biggleswade
Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Posts: 13,362
Moving to the France & Monaco forum for more specialist attention.

stut
Moderator
Europe Forum
stut is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 3:59 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Programs: British Airways Gold
Posts: 2,480
Le Bus Direct Eiffel Tower route (7.15am 1h5mins) or an Uber (~45 mins)

Wouldn't use RER for this route
ajeleonard is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 4:22 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Paris, France
Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Posts: 458
For a 10h10 departure, I would be at CDG no later than 07h15 unless you have some type of elite status. Passport control alone can take as long as one hour or more. Check in can take more time than you might anticapte.

The day before I would call Taxi G7, the largest taxi dispatcher in Paris, at their English speaking number 01 41 27 66 99 and arrange for a 06h30 pickup. Be ready 5 minutes early. Cost will be 50€ from the Right Bank, 55€ from the Left Bank plus a 7€ reservation fee. Staying near the Tour Eiffel means you could be on either side of the Seine.

I would not rely on Uber for transporation to the airport. I have had friends use them who have paid as high as 80€ to CDG due to surge pricing.

Personally I often use the RER B to CDG because it is generally very reliable but you need to be familar with the route, you´ll need to change trains at least once from where you are staying. Cost is 10.30€ each, allow at least 1 hour.
Tamino is offline  
Old Oct 19, 17, 5:54 am
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 88,278
Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
For a 10h10 departure, I would be at CDG no later than 07h15 unless you have some type of elite status. Passport control alone can take as long as one hour or more. Check in can take more time than you might anticapte.

The day before I would call Taxi G7, the largest taxi dispatcher in Paris, at their English speaking number 01 41 27 66 99 and arrange for a 06h30 pickup. Be ready 5 minutes early. Cost will be 50€ from the Right Bank, 55€ from the Left Bank plus a 7€ reservation fee. Staying near the Tour Eiffel means you could be on either side of the Seine.

I would not rely on Uber for transporation to the airport. I have had friends use them who have paid as high as 80€ to CDG due to surge pricing.

Personally I often use the RER B to CDG because it is generally very reliable but you need to be familar with the route, you´ll need to change trains at least once from where you are staying. Cost is 10.30€ each, allow at least 1 hour.
I have seen times where a couple or family with just cabin baggage to transport have not been able to get onto the RER due to overcrowding on the platforms and/or trains. It’s not all that common for that to happen, but I’ve seen it at the end of the workday and on some weekends when there were some kind of events going on.

For a party of 3 or 4, a taxi/car service is what I would generally use — with the bus to be avoided but the RER an alternative to be considered still.
GUWonder is offline  
Old Oct 20, 17, 12:52 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 13,948
Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
For a 10h10 departure, I would be at CDG no later than 07h15 unless you have some type of elite status. Passport control alone can take as long as one hour or more. Check in can take more time than you might anticapte.
Fully agree with this. You mentioned SEA at 10:10 am, so it seems to be the DL flight leaving from terminal 2E and, this is the busiest departure bank in this terminal. Lines, especially at immigration, can be very long.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Nov 21, 17, 8:42 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by kchoya View Post
We'll be in Paris next month. it's our first visit. Our flight to Seattle leaves at 10:10am. We're staying at a hotel near the Eiffel Tower.

Any suggestions on transport options to the airport? It's on a Saturday, two adults with one medium sized suitcase each, and we'd like to get there well in advance of our departure time since this is our first time going through CDG.
Just take an uber, you shall pay around 60 euro for it. Make sur to book your car.
lorenaldo is offline  
Old Dec 12, 17, 3:48 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 55
When I arrive at CDG, I usually take the RER. But when I leave, loaded down with cheeses and chocolate, I take a Taxi G7 as mentioned above. They have flat rates, 55€ from the Marais where I am. If you had a taxi stand right near your hotel/apt, and are traveling at a non-busy hour (i.e., early Saturday morning), that would work just as well and be a little bit cheaper.

One caution about those fixed rate taxis: Be on time. The drivers are only expected to wait 5 minutes if you're late. Unless you have given them a French mobile number, they cannot text you when they arrive.
randysea is offline  
Old Dec 16, 17, 5:20 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 3,654
Originally Posted by randysea View Post
When I arrive at CDG, I usually take the RER. But when I leave, loaded down with cheeses and chocolate, I take a Taxi G7 as mentioned above. They have flat rates, 55€ from the Marais where I am. If you had a taxi stand right near your hotel/apt, and are traveling at a non-busy hour (i.e., early Saturday morning), that would work just as well and be a little bit cheaper.

One caution about those fixed rate taxis: Be on time. The drivers are only expected to wait 5 minutes if you're late. Unless you have given them a French mobile number, they cannot text you when they arrive.
Actually, the fixed rate from the Right Bank (including the Marais) is 50 euros, bags included. There is also a 4 Euro charge if you call for a taxi, and a 7 euro charge if you call ahead for a fixed appointment. Everything is the same from the Left Bank but add another 5 euros as the base fare os 55 Euros.
Mountain Trader is offline  
Old Jan 20, 18, 11:33 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 138
I also took G7 from a 7th arrondissement hotel to T2E with a 10:30am-ish departure last year. Left around 6:45. I recalled it was total of around 60 Euros. There was very little traffic once we got on the highway as most of the heavies were the ones heading into Paris.
Stampy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread