FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:40 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Honestly, I think pretty much every major hotel brand in Hawaii doesn't care about elite recognition mainly because of the # of elites that visit the islands.
I don't think a disproportionate number of top-level hotel elites (or, for that matter, frequent flyer elites) visit the islands, if only because I would assume someone who has Marriott platinum premier or SPG platinum to also be a Delta diamond or whatever with an airline.

Airline upgrades are common for the lowest tier elite frequent flyers. I've been on flights out of Hawaii with empty first-class seats because there was nobody left for Delta to upgrade.

I would imagine there are a significant number of Marriott silver and gold elites, but I don't think the number of platinums is any higher than other popular destinations, be they resorts, convention center hotels, or downtown big-city hotels.