FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:21 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
throw in DFW AUH as sometimes/should be bookable > 30 days out.
Interesting. Could you provide more info in terms of approximate dates of flights and days booked in advance where DFW-AUH was available?

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
Let me add my individual experience. A couple of weeks ago - none of the call centers could find US award availability. (US, Europe, Australia.)

I happened to call the UK number and instead reached a call center in the Caribbean and for them, it was no problem. Flight was ticketed without a hitch.
It would be great to have more info about when you called, what route you got, what class of service it was and how far into the future the flight is. Thanks.

Originally Posted by NWPlatHouston
What number did you call in UK? And how did it reach the Caribbean?
To answer your second question, sometimes AA call centers (and I imagine many other call centers) redirect calls to other countries. For example, if you call the AA Australia and New Zealand numbers you're really calling Fiji, though sometimes (whether due to time of day or Fiji being too busy) the calls instead go through to the Caribbean (either Jamaica or Trinidad & Tobago, I can't recall which).