FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ✨ Polaris (& PP) Retrofits: Schedule, ....
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:26 am
tuolumne

Originally Posted by hirohito888
I think UA is quite competitive with 50J on 772, it gives me more business seat inventory and more opportunities to purchase outright, upgrade or redeem. As compared to 37-45J on AA 772 or 37J on DL 772.
I’m with you here. If UA were to move to the materially smaller J cabins of their peers, I’d be personally troubled. I think premium Y is a little tadbit overrated compared to the $/redemption value, and if the trade off is less J seats, or the wholesale elimination of Economy Plus, I wouldn’t be exactly thrilled...

We at UA discount how good we have it with our large J cabins and comparatively large (relative to peers) fleet wide Economy Plus.

And let’s not discuss the outrageous redemption for DL’s A350 “suites”. UA’s outgoing United First “Suites” (which are far larger than DL’s Vantage XL J “suites”) are easier to ride in (redemption and $)! Gotta tip my hat off to DL if they’re able to price that product somewhere between F and J because of their marketing, though.

Last edited by tuolumne; Oct 16, 2017 at 12:39 am