FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ah, Sheraton in the US
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:13 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I had such high expectations. Your photos looked great. Your ratings were top-notch.

And then I arrived. At a drab exterior, though with a renovated and nice interior (practically instagram worthy). But then I waited in line. Behind 4 others. No elite service. 1 person checking in everybody in the middle of Saturday afternoon in an oversold hotel.

And then I went to the lounge, which starts serving hor d'voueres at 5pm. By 530pm there was no food left (not that there was much to begin with). Nor any lounge attendant to be seen.

Well, I had hopes maybe there were nice Sheratons in the US. Not just airport dumps already in need of renovation when Brittney was a household name.
Fortunately SPG properties are not the same as a barrel of apples. One does not spoil them all. Marketing material will show off the best (maybe non-existent) features. If you don't go beyond what they put on their homepage and look at review sites (i.e. FT, Trip Advisor, Yelp, etc.), you can not be sure of what you will find.

If you'll name the property that you visited, others here may be able to tell you if you just caught them at a bad time or if what you saw was normal. I'm getting that drilled into me everyday here. It's been over a month after Irma swept past Ft Lauderdale but there's still plenty of cleanup to be done both for businesses and homes. It's easy to ding someone for not being top notch, but maybe just being open is miracle?