FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:26 am
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
First flight as a 1K and very unimpressed with service. Start the day with long 10pp line at SFO Gate 60 UC (need an express line for those who don't have service issues @:-)). Once plane takes off three is no service for about 1 hour on a transcon - heck I've seen meals cleared in less time. I am eagerly looking forward to my first free meal but no dice on the pretzel roll ( sorry sir we didn't stock any). What about protein plate? Sorry none of those either. Well what do you have? I don't do crappy burgers, or the sandwiches ruined by aioli (why on earth can't they put condiments on side) so I end up with cheese plate. I mention I am 1k - there is no acknowledgement. Then the drink server comes by and gives me a G&T (thankfully they stocked Bombay) and does not ask for payment.

About an hour later I go back to ask for a can of Diet Coke. The FA who is reclining & jamming to his music reluctantly rises to grab a can. I then have to ask for ice. I am made to feel a as though this is a big imposition by one of those overentitled elites.

All in all,can't complain about my exit row aisle rez 2 months in advance but I can't say UA did much to make me feel extra valued. We'll see about the return flight.