FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:24 am
geminidreams

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
Taxis are a pain at the ROS. But...

I like the location.

For transit, they have their own boat to the BTS that leaves every 30 minutes. The MRT is quite close, at the train Station, less than a km away (~ 35฿ Cab), making Asoke easily accessible. One of the MRT entrances is acros the traffic circle towards the ROS end. No need to cross traffic into Hua Lumpong.

Driving wise, Silom, Satorn, Rama IV, Chinatown, and a tollway entrance are near. Areas like Siam and the Grand Palace just a bit further out, but quick to get to.

The neighborhoods on both sides of the river are vibrant, though it is tucked in a sleepy Soi.

I didn't even mention the river boats.
Yes I have done the boat to BTS and also taxis along the river, I just prefer the Silom and Sukhumvit locals for my interests and the other 5 stars all have good breakfasts. If they at least match an Aloft breakfast in their lounge I would be a lot more enthusiastic about them. For a minor cost they would gain a lot of good will.

I dont dislike ROS and when I am in BKK I rarely only stay in one hotel, I like to mix up the locations and when I like the pricing I head off to ROS and value wise it is quite acceptable.