FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Lufthansa the most overrated airline out there?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:13 am
ObserverA3

Programs: A3*G
It's funny how the LH defenders on here are gushing about lounge access. If you want status-based lounge access, you better make sure that your LH flights are from or to MUC or FRA. If not, it's going to get quite complicated - no lounge access, or lounge access based on a combination of status and booking class. Marketing these flights as LH flights is already crossing the border to fraud in my opinion (if I book an LH flight, I expect *A benefits).

Combine that with the fact that LH flights are more likely than most other flights to be impacted by strike - legal or illegal. Not always attributable to LH, but that doesn't help if your flight is impacted. Ground crew, cabin crew, flight deck, security - always someone with an axe to grind. I've started to avoid LH where possible (e.g., when flying ex Germany via Zurich, I'll take LX for the first leg). And the entitlement attitude of LH pilots is simply breathtaking.