FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TripIt v. TripCase v. Anything else?
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:27 pm
josephstern
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TripIt v. TripCase v. Anything else?

I've been using TripIt for many, many years. I had Pro back when Barclays covered that cost.

Nothing much has changed over there, and, as I posted in another thread, I've grown really, really tired of their website. I have to log in again if I haven't used it for a few days (way too short of a time-out) and the website just wastes a TON of space on the page, requiring a lot of scrolling. The iOS apps aren't great either - lots of time to refresh, and not really a fantastic data display on either (although iPad is much better than iPhone).

So I started in on TripCase and I'm considering a full changeover.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. But there are problems.

Definitely, my biggest beef is the on-screen look of TripIt, and here, TripCase is far more current and usable.

I'm having a problem with auto-merge (it's basically non-existent) but I can manually deal with that if need be. TripIt clearly beats TripCase on this point. And it doesn't seem like it should be very complicated.

I'm a little freaked out by my info appearing in TripCase automatically somehow. I see other FT threads about how and why this happens. I don't find this a compelling feature (quite the reverse) but such is life in the world of big data.

Every time I've tried to dump TripIt before (Kayak, Google Trips, a few others I can't remember) I've humbly come running back. I'm hoping this is the big switchover.