FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels? for 1K irrops (WX, MX, ...)? [Consolidated Q&A 2015-forward]
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:38 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Nice to hear that it all worked out. I like the agents in the B6 lounge,they've always served me well (read recently that wasn't the case for others)
This was the first time I've really leaned on the club for irrops handling and I have to say it was worth it.

As a bit of a postscript:
1- My wife noticed that she got 2x $10 meal vouchers, but I got 2x $20 meal vouchers and was confused... I dare not comment at the risk of digging a hole

2- The agent in the club managed to "really mess up" or "do something quite strange" to the PNR, which the 1K desk managed to make even more convoluted -- I noticed that even though we had BPs for this morning's flight the segment didn't show up in the PNR (I was going to see if there was any chance of getting seats together) so I called the 1K desk... and that went down a road of confusion including telling us that we didn't have protection booked despite having boarding passes, we were on the manifest for the flight but not actually booked on it, and finally that she had booked us on the flight but couldn't delete the old segment but had queued it to a supervisor to get fixed and we'd get an email in a little while. But we were absolutely good to go for the flight.

About an hour later I looked at the PNR and now the missed flight was showing as the protection for the "new" flight, we had different seats than the BPs were issued for, and I couldn't do anything online because...well..reasons I guess. That's when I gave up for the night.

We got to ORD early and a premier access agent didn't believe me when I told him that the PNR was messy and I was hoping he could clean it up and print BPs reflecting the actual seat assignments. Until he pulled up the PNR I don't think I've heard so much "why did they...oh that's strange...how the...hmmm" in years

But ultimately we got a hotel room so my wife could get a few hours of sleep; I couldn't fall asleep but at least I had a comfortable place to watch TV and take a shower. So generally ^^^