FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 24 hours in Singapore
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:37 pm
jannosk

Originally Posted by number_6
OP is flying TG from SIN so the check-in time is determined by TG, doubt it is more than 4 hours ahead. Interling the bags DPS-SIN-BKK is also not possible at DPS checkin due to the 24 hour stopover, so OP will have to clear customs at SIN and recheck bags with TG. Best to ask TG when their check-in opens but it won't be like SQ.
The first leg from SIN to BKK is SQ and the second to HANOI is TG at one ticket

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
What number_6 said. I've had to recheck baggage in SIN in such situations (long layover) even when it was slightly below 24hrs due to the final destination being +2 days than original departure.

Simply, it might be even if they'd be willing to check it through in DPS it might not be possible.

However, there is a reasonably cheap "left luggage" counter landside in SIN, where you can just leave your luggage before hopping into the MRT for downtown (I assume that's part of the plan, to travel light while in SIN, and not needing cabs to schlepp heavy luggage across)
Hello, the plan is to go with no luggage in the city and visit the gardens by marina bay and then go around midnight at Changi and sleep at the transit hotel until my departure the next day

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Oct 8, 2017 at 11:41 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.