FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL Intra-Japan earning change?
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:56 pm
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by gary_nj
Would you believe that these folks have finally updated the website to show one set of earnings for Japan Airlines domestic flights and a different set of earnings for Japan Airlines international flights, but they still don't match what actually gets credited?

As many people have noted here, a domestic trip in J gets base miles plus a 10% class of service bonus. Full stop. The wizards at alaskaair.com have updated the website for domestic Japan flights to show the 10% class of service bonus, but it still shows the 100% "additional bonus" that nobody seems to ever receive.

Meanwhile, on a somewhat related topic, I am in a prolonged discussion with customer service about earnings on an international flight within Asia and their consistent answer is that "intra-Asia" flights (e.g. NRT-BKK) earn as a domestic Japan flight.

I have seldom been as disappointed with customer service from any frequent flyer program as I am now with Mileage Plan regarding earnings on JL.
Sounds like additional escalation is necessary.

Thanks for keeping us updated.