FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Alaska Airlines card
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:49 am
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by Red259
I have a personal Alaska airlines card. Its the only card I have with BoA. I am thinking about going for a business version of the card. I do not know how much credit BoA will extend me. Will BoA deny me for too much credit open on my personal card even though its a business card app? With citi I was near the overall credit limit with them on my personal cards and when I apped for a biz card they gave me a 30k limit, so clearly citi viewed both differently but with Amex and Chase it feels like your credit ceiling applies to both personal and business cards combined. Just wondering where BoA falls on this and if I need to reduce my personal card limit in advance.
Clearly I don't know your exact circumstances. But yes, in general banks do consider your personal credit situation when you apply for a bus card. Assuming it's a sole proprietor business, and not a corporation, you are ultimately responsible for charges made on a business card. Maybe you don't have to lower your personal CL to get approved, but if you have more CL on your personal card than you need, why not lower it rather than risk not being approved?