FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Lufthansa the most overrated airline out there?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:09 pm
bertheike

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, tell me again how Thai is doing right now? And if Air Asia offers all of what you describe above?
I not speak about Thai and Air Asia.
Air Asia is a LCC
I compared with SQ and CX on routes between BKK HKG and SIN where them all offer a real business and sometimes even first class!
And even Thai them offer a much better business produkt on domestics like BKK-HKT/CNX ...
LUFTHANSA wants to be a 5* airline, but offers LCC levels.
comparing a 2 to 2,5 h flight from FRA on LH with a same level flight from BKK, HKG or SIN for next week 2 days LH more likely comes out around 600 to 800 Euro incl. luggage in eco and 1000 to 1200 in business.
In Asia it's more like 250 to 350 Euro in eco and 700 to 800 in business
In eco i get more or less the same " nothing special " stand. meal 20kg luggage and that's it. Only that LH is about double in price.
In business the asians not so much cheaper, but them offer a real business ! Not only a curtain between C and Y. For what a company should pay 200 or more Euro more for no real benefit ?

*** P.S. for the FFP's them now more or less all the same sh...! That's why i decided not to book any special airline or aliance. I compare and pic the best value for $$$ on each occassion.
Many years ago. in the time FFP's credited most likely 1*Y 2*C , 3*F miles flown. Someone could also reach top status, with flying in deep discounted eco. I remember 4 return trips on TG between Germany and Thailand in W class + 8 LH train ow's QKL-FRA-QKL in business ( costed only 40 Euro ow !! ) and you already SEN. Now most FFP's not care anymore about "cheapcharly" bookings. And the bookingclasses earning full milage in eco. are so much more expensive, that it is not worth ( @ least for leisure travelers ).

Last edited by bertheike; Oct 5, 2017 at 1:23 pm