FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result
Old Oct 5, 17, 11:16 am
canopus27

Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
For one thing, the booking reference might well end up the same as with LH, TP, SN and a few more.
Interesting, thanks. That said, having a single booking ref across multiple airlines, feels like it's interesting to me as a computer geek -- and not overly beneficial to me as a travel geek.

What would be most beneficial to me, would be if I could start to have airlines like LH recognize my status (more than *G) and maybe even offer AC-like benefits (using e-upgrades on LH flights, etc). However, I've always assumed that the reasons that was not done today, were more about business decisions, and less about technical limitations of the underlying systems. Was I wrong?

But surely, communication with the same reservation system should be easier than between two different ones, no?
Yes, I assume so. But what then? I can already book LH flights on ac.com, I can check bags all the way through spanning airlines ... I'm not trying to be dismissive or confrontational, I just honestly don't understand what might start to change that would improve my travel experience.