FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tumi 19 degree vs Rimowa Topas got carry on
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:01 am
chipmaster

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Originally Posted by Apwy
My first ever post 😊 I just came back from a trip and decided it’s time for a proper carry on. Right now I’m using a Heyes - will give that to my girlfriend (she needs one).

I’m at this phase in my life, I can finally have the nicer things. Mercedes. Rolex. Tempurpedic bed. 5 Star Hotel upgrade to suite. Etc 😊

degree aluminum. It is gorgeous I think. There is quite an attention to detail paid. For example, the handles slowly retract back to their position so it doesn’t flop/snap back noisily. The inside has some kind of coat hanger attachment. Could be handy for sure. I really like the stylish design of it. The material for the handles are leather wrapped. Cost was $1,125CAD. What other benefits does tumi have? More stores and service?

Then I went to another store to check out the Rimowa as It seems they are known to be among the best of the best out there. This one is made in Canada. It’s the carry on. First thing I notice the handles and the plastic used. The handles return to their position but very abruptly and makes a SMACK sound. The plastic used seem kind of not that special. I like the telescoping handle and this extra strap at the end for other items. $1,195cad. I think for sure the Rimowa has an iconic design. l but it’s a bit utilitarian with it’s industrial German design. I also see the luggage damage on google - it scares me. I did buy the rimowa, but I’m thinking to return it. Still not sure.

I do feel like the Tumi is more high techish.

what are your thoughts.

Any one out there with a 19 defree aluminum?
Image our really the best you need/want?

Rolex = Rimowa