FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can AA RTW desk book QR as BA codeshare?
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:59 pm
Himeno

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by pbd456
Qr wont book qr metal with other codeshare. Persona
eerience.
Originally Posted by JAXBA
True, BA will also only book you on the BA code on its own flights, and prefers to use the BA code where it exists on other airline operated flights. Book a flight where there's no BA code though and BA won't mind which code is used.

AA booking a QR flight shouldn't mind booking the BA code if that's your preference. I'm not seeing AA codes on the QR operated flights LHR-DOH, only on the BA operated.
They can book any oneworld codeshare. This would be a case of the airline not wanting to, just as AA prefers at least 1 over ocean flight to be on an AA code if the AA RTW desk deals with the ticket.

The AA codeshares on QR still exist, they don't go away (due to the US3/ME3 'dispute') until March. I have the AA code on PHL-DOH in early November.

My next trip is full of codeshares...
DAS13: CBR-SYD-HND-ITM-HND-SIN-MEL-CBR. HND-ITM-HND JL (ITM-HND was booked as BA, system allowed it, but was changed to JL during ticket issue) The rest QF code (HND-SIN JL op).
DONE3: NRT-BOS-JFK-LAX-SEA-ORD-DTW-PHL-DOH-BUD-LHR-DXB-LHR-PEK-HKG-SIN-HND
Only 7 sectors are on the prime code (SEA-ORD, DTW-PHL, DOH-BUD, LHR-DXB-LHR, LHR-PEK-HKG) everything else is codeshare.